SSV/5 MAXI-SKIMMERS - Large Variable Speed Oil Skimmer
Our Model SSV/5 MAXI-SKIMMERS are for applications that require up to 20 gallons of oil collection per hour! It comes with a variable speed control, great for skimming applications where the collection rate varies frequently! More affordable than competitors with high collection rates and rugged enough to handle the toughest environments, SSV/5 is the perfect solution for your monitoring wells, central coolant systems, or wastewater treatment tanks!
SSV/5 Maxi-Skimmers are large oil skimmers made of stainless steel and lightweight polymers, so they are lightweight (only 7 lbs without belt), corrosion-proof, portable, and able to thrive in harsh or caustic environments!
Model SSV/5 comes with the same durable motor you can always expect on a Maxi-Skimmer, a stainless steel tail pulley, and a UHMW bearing-grade scraper to minimize wear on the belt, and a 3’ discharge hose!
Belts for Model SSV/5 are available in two materials:
- Stainless Steel: Available in reach lengths up to 10 feet!
- Flat Polyurethane: Available in reach lengths up to 100 feet (or more - try us)!
SSV/5 comes standard with 4" Wide Belts in either material, but narrower belts are available for monitoring wells - call us for details.
If for some reason you need a belt that we do not have in stock, we’ll get it for you right away!
SSV/5 Maxi-Skimmer Model Numbers:
|Reach (ft)||4-Inch Wide Flat Poly||4-Inch Wide SS|
NOTE: THE REACH IS THE DISTANCE FROM THE MOUNTING SURFACE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LOWER PULLEY.
It is how far Maxi-Skimmer REACHES down from where it is mounted.
- SSV/5 has a small footprint and is cheaper than other skimmers with the same collection rate!
- Comes with a convenient handle – SSV/5 is portable! Weighs just 7 lbs without belt!
- Units with Stainless belts works in temperatures up to 300°F!
- Stainless steel tail pulley with retainer chain
- Easily mounts with simple nuts & bolts
- Corrosion-Resistant, Glass-Filled Nylon Drive Pulleys
- 10' Long (New Longer Cords!), 16 Gauge, Three-Prong Power Cord
- One year manufacturing warranty – just in case!
SSV/5 can be customized with a STEEPCHUTE™ option for viscous, sticky oils!
Max of 100 RPM Permanent Magnet DC Motors – the highest level of reliability
Powered by 115/1/60 cord that converts to 90VDC
1/30HP, 0.35 full load amps, TENV
Gears and extruded pinion conform to AGMA7 level quality. Gear ratio 32:1
13 in.-lb. of torque, 50 lb overhung load
Stainless steel belts are 2.25” or 4” wide 301FH, fully hardened and able to function up to 800°F!!
Flat Polyurethane Belts are 2” or 4” wide with an ultimate tensile strength of 7,000 PSI.